Sewing machines out 1/11/19-?

Please note three sewing machines and one overlock is currently out for a collective spa-day getting oiled and tightened up like a bunch of Kardashians.

WE DO HAVE MACHINES for the members just not all of them right now.

Please take this into consideration.
Thank you to @Print_Witch and @Hardsuit and @matthshooter for keeping up and after the machines

I’ll post (or someone will) post when we get them back

Edited: said public but meant members (thanks @kyrithia for having our back)

8 Likes

Can I ask what is DMS’ favorite place to send the machines? My sewing machine is in need of some assistance as well.

I was using Richardson Sewing Center (where we bought the machines - and they offered a basics class for us) but Mr. Sewing Machine is where Astrud and Paul took the machines (which is great) its close to DMS and where it was serviced before so it’s all good.

In addition to what @uglyknees listed, Sunny Sewing Center is where we bought our new Thor sewing machine and who we will probably send our industrial machines to when they need maintenance. They are probably overkill for the basic home machines, though.

??? You sure that’s the name?
Maybe Plano Sewing Center?

95% sure 95.2% sure

The only Richardson Sewing Center that comes up is in Plainview. As in the panhandle.
Maybe Richland Sewing Center?

I think she said it was in Euless?

Probably Richland then. Far as I know, The Fabric Affair was the only sewing machine dealer in Richardson, and they closed some time ago.

Most of the larger dealerships have reliable repair people available. A few, like Thomas Sewing Center in Mesquite, have full-time staff who have extensive repair training. Others may have a guy who comes to their shop once a week to pickup machines needing service, and brings them back after repairs are completed. Same person may be the repair person for a number of different shops.

If you have a vintage machine, you might also check with The Sew andSo in downtown Garland. His business is JUST machine repair.

2 Likes

Holy crap now I’m not sure. I was sure I was sure and now I have no idea. Ahhhhhhhh

Thanks, everyone! This will all be so helpful for my beginner-style home sewing machine and my mom’s many vintage, machine-within-a-table style ones.

1 Like

Here’s a bit o’ info I did not know until pretty late in the game; you can remove an older machine from its cabinet. They are usually just attached by a couple of screws (connecting them to the hinge mechanism).

A WHOLE lot easier to transport than those spindly-lefgged sewing machine tables from the 50’s and 60’s…

1 Like

I did not know that! Thanks!

1 Like