Section 336 or Part 107 of FAA UAS Rules

I am confused on the requirements of both rules on classifying my drone project.
What is the difference between them?

One thing I am sure of is that I need to register my a RC plane or a Drone if it weighs between 0.55 lb and 55 lb.

I intend to fly the drone for fun. No commercial value.

Do I need to get certified as a remote pilot if I don’t intend to fly commercially and my drone weighs between 0.55 lb and 55 lb??

Pretty sure you don’t. Of course now that I’ve said that someone will probably prove me wrong…

EDIT: and yes, do register the drone.

Nope. registration was nixed by the courts. You can actually file to get your $5 filing fee back if you registered in the past.

Not sure exactly what you mean by “remote pilot” but it’s technically not allowed for hobbyists (non-107) to fly “beyond visual line of sight” ie with FPV goggles. It’s commonly believed if you have a spotter you’re ok, but this has never been tested.

I don’t think even the certified remote pilots can fly FPV. That’s the whole confusion.

Check this

That’s true, but 107 pilots can request a waiver for one or more of the restrictions. As you can see, it is not uncommon for these to be granted: https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/waivers_granted/

If it is not for commercial use you do not need to do anything, there are still restrictions for all drones through, no higher than 400 ft, cant fly past line of site, and not near airports of crows of people. Besides that you are good.