SawStop Engaged

The sawstop engaged. Not entirely sure why. Dry wood, no metal (double and tripled checked), hands nowhere near blade using push board. Sorry guys and gals.

A new brake was just installed today after it was set off yesterday.

@Team_Woodshop

Anyone know if it was used since the new one was installed or was this the first cut?

1 Like

Yes…several people and quite a few cuts.

@wutabtbob, your hand was ridiculously close to the blade, and if I had to guess, I’d say your finger/knuckle proximity was enough to trigger the flesh-sensing tech that stops the blade.

1 Like

@wutabtbob this is not what I would call “nowhere near the blade”. Your finger obviously set it off. Please see me before using the woodshop again. I have numerous safety concerns after watching the video of this incident.
Thank you,
Mark

11 Likes

The blade and stop have been removed and sitting on top of the saw, I forgot to pick up the lock screw off the floor underneath the table, if someone could grab that and put it on top next to the blade so it doesn’t accidentally get swept up. There were no replacement stops so its down until one is procured.

1 Like

On the plus side @wutabtbob has fingers still.

12 Likes

Small metal rod, red handle?

2 Likes

yup that’s it. Thanks!

Wutabtbob’s profile says he joined 7 hours ago. Was there Woodshop Basics class today?

He’s listed in AD as having taken it. That is just for Talk

1 Like

Ah thx.