[RESOLVED] Plunger Fell Out While Cutting

The plunger fell out of the laser today. While cutting the plunger and spring fell out. Stopped the laser and now sending a post.
Shaun

1 Like

I don’t know of a plunger in the laser cutter. Did you see where it came from?

No spring found… BUT it works without. Just be careful.

Are you referring to the autofocus plunger and spring? Cause I was just cutting on the laser and the lines were kind of fat (even after autofocus) and towards the end of my cut the autofocus plunger and spring fell out (thankfully not into my cut area). I bagged the part and clipped it to the laser cutter along with a note to not use the autofocus.

-the purring dork

The spring may have fallen into the collection bin under the grate… As long as the main body of the autofocus probe didn’t get moved, it should stay in focus. I know I always make sure that bottom body piece is fully screwed onto the main body before focusing. It tends to loosen over time which can affect the focus of the laser. It’s best to test it with the acrylic focus ruler…

It was fixed tonight by members of the laser committee.
Shaun

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

1 Like

Is the laser operational now? The tool status still shows red, and “Part Broken” as the status.

Thanks.
Chris

Used it this morning at 6:30 it was working.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android