Hi, I am up at the space now and came to print a part. Sometime within the
last couple hours while I was waiting for a printer to be available, the
printers lost connection to the network and now none are available via
Octoprint on the network. If I put the IP address of the printer in the
browser, it cannot connect. There is one that was connected when they went
offline, and it says “server is offline” and “could not reconnect
automatically”. I was wondering if this is a known problem, and if there is
an easy fix for it. Thanks!

Some network maintenance was performed earlier today which may have knocked the Banana PIs offline. I’ll see if they can be restarted remotely. If connectivity is not restored by 6PM, then the devices may need to be manually restarted.

Please reply to this thread to advise/confirm when the connectivity issues have been resolved.

For any future issues with 3D Fab equipment, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

For any future issues that are most likely network related (such as when multiple devices throughout the 'Space are not able to connect), please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

Thank you!
:slight_smile:

Please be careful. Righty and far righty are still printing. We are many hours in and wuold hate to lose our progress. The interface is down but the functionality of the current prints are still in tact.

Yes, the prints will continue just fine without network. If someone is feeling adventurous, they might try unplugging and replugging the network switch(es) that are feeding the Pis and slicer workstations.

UPDATE: Brooks is heroically repairing the network as we type. Things should be back online soonish.

Awesome, thanks everyone

UPDATE 2: The network has been fixed (thanks @bscharff!), now we just need to wait. If, however, someone is feeling a bit impatient, they can look underneath the table and find the ethernet switch and unplug and replug its power. Be careful not to pull on any of the wires, and please don’t touch the Pis themselves. They’re not mounted securely, and are liable to crash if bumped the wrong way.

We’ve tried resetting the switch with still no response. Any other ideas?

Very carefully follow the power cable from the Pis to the outlets and unplug/replug them. DON’T DO THIS IF THE PRINTER IS RUNNING A JOB! This is a last-ditch method that shouldn’t normally need to be done. Make sure you’ve waited a few minutes for the Pis to refresh their network connections before trying this.

UPDATE 2 EPISODE 2: Far lefty is back online, and the others will be following soon enough. Currently, some members are having issues with far righty, so I’ll be taking a close look at that tomorrow.

1 Like

FINAL UPDATE: All four printers are online. Thanks to Brooks (@bscharff), Sean (@zootboy) and Matt (@Comter) for all your help getting things back in order.

Please remember to report all ‘break/fix’ issues to: [email protected]

Thank you!
Lisa
:smile: