Request for "Woodshop 102: Crash Course"

Greetings.

I don’t currently see a “Woodshop 102: Crash Course” in the events calendar (and just got a summary about the last Woodshop Meeting - https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Woodshop_Committee_Meeting_20190129).

As one of those who has only previously had the time to complete Woodshop 101, I would like to complete 102 at the earliest possible time (while this course is still available).

Any ideas as to when this course might be offered? And is there a way that I could be notified about it?

Regards!

For anybody interested, there are now multiple courses offered, and they are filling up fast. Check the Event schedule for one that fits your schedule.

@gorky - Do you know how we get into Woodshop102 if we have had Woodshop 1, 2, and 3? I assume it is a viable alternative to Woodshop 4.

Would it be possible for me to sign up for this? I haven’t taken woodshop 101 but I have done the lathe 101 and the pen making class. I just want to be able to use the band saw and drill press to make pens. Thanks.

Hi @yehuda613. I think Woodshop 1-4 are the new courses, versus the older Woodshop 101-102. I don’t know that they are cross-compatible. It would be nice if one of the instructors or committee members would respond to your query.

Regards.

Would it be possible for an @woodshop committee member to respond?

Regards.

That wood be @Team_Woodshop

101-102 are the old classes.

If you already have have 1-3, then you want 4.

1 Like

102 is not the same as woodshop 4. 102 is designed for members who have taken 101 and used the woodshop and need to ensure they do not lose access to tools when all RFID’s are installed.
I will defer to @Mrksls2 but I believe through lathe 101 and the lathe 102 pen making classes you should receive the proper safety and hands on training to have clearance to use the band saw and drill press.