Reminder *. Maker swap! Sat, 10.14.17 6-8pm

Nicole (@uglyknees) is hosting our maker swap Saturday evening! Dig through those drawers and closets and clear out your old stash of maker stuff and bring them up and find new treasures from other members. Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Is this kind of like an expanded freebie shelf or a trade? I want to bring some nice things (if I can gather them up in time) but I definitely want to trade them or bring them home, not leave them out to be taken. I’m sure this was explained somewhere and I just missed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Root thread here.

I don’t see the direct answer to your query there, either…
It seems intrinsic that you can take stuff home if you can’t find appropriate trades, but I may misunderstand.

I was confused by this - if my things will be in several different areas then it sounds more like an expanded freebie shelf/give-away because I won’t be nearby to trade. I am always multi-tasking though so I’m easily confused :grin:

Personally I’ll be bringing nice stuff. I’ll take it back if I don’t do any trading. Actually anything I don’t want to trade I may donate to the Creative Arts area after checking with the chair. As for messy I’d bring it all in the interactive room lol

1 Like

I’m frequently clear as mud. Sorry about the confusion.
To be honest I’m not entirely sure what the best way to manage this is - and that’s the truth. Some people want to have us do a garage sale/some people want to trade stuff/some people just want to dump stuff off.

I don’t know how many people are planning on coming and participating so that’s why I split it. I only have three people on the official sign up right now. Do you think it would be easier to just put everything/everyone in the interactive.
In my head I saw this not as big but fill of bulky items. I don’t have a ton of stuff but I have stuff I just want to give away.

ORRRRRR if people want to just give things they could put that all in the warehouse tables and the things that are specifically for trade could all go in the interactive. ---- So here I am 4 hours before the event wondering if we should rearrange it. Feedback appreciated.

1 Like

That last option works for me! Whatever works for everyone else. I can’t think of any hard rules that we need except don’t leave things all over the tables for someone else to clean up. If I can be organized (and I already know I’m just going to be grabbing things as I run out the door as always) I’ll bring a for trade and free signs for my own things.

1 Like

Ya let’s do the last option!
Free items in the warehouse.
Trade items in the interactive.
Please mark your items.

2 Likes

Just filled out the google form for this. I’m doing 3D Printer training from 7-8, but I’ll help clean up after that’s finished.

1 Like

I’m coming to drop off some yarn for the swap meet. I can’t make it to the actual event since it’s my dad’s birthday dinner tonight, but I figure someone would like it.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this event and hope there will be another one. My house is a little bit cleaner now which is awesome.
There were a lot of great things and I have a lot of ideas for things to bring next time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We need to do these 3-4 times a year, I didnt have time to dig out piles of my stuff
that I need to find homes for

2 Likes