Recycling into tools

I thought this tool would be something y’all in CA would like as something to sharpen or shape things with.

It’s an interesting use of a hard drive spindle motor and platter. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Clever while blasphemous…

1 Like

That was really amazing. No sound right now, but what was that controlling chip thing. (so not an electronics guy).

Nifty, but I agree with the sentiment of the first commenter on FB @ the moment:
Creo q me sale más barato y más rápido comprar una lijadora o simplemente lijar a mano

The “cool factor” would be exponentially higher if any of the original case had been re-used (and probably more still if the case had been re-cast into the new one, but I digress). EDIT: and massive negative points slide for aaaall that other work, and then hot gluing the controller board to the case backer…

Doesn’t matter, nothing but crappy music to hear anyway!

motor speed controller, similar to if not exactly:

2 Likes

That one won’t work. It’s not for a stepper motor. It needs to be an adjustable stepper motor driver.

RJ

1 Like

Looks like Raymond’s vote is for “similar to” rather than “exactly”.
I recon he’s right.
Hopefully you got the gist.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah for sure. I really could use a little sander like that. I use small plates of copper for my steampunk stuff that I cut with shears. I hand, or dremel sand the edges so they’re not sharp. A little tabletop sander like that would be great to have!

2 Likes

I figured folks working on miniatures or needing to sharpen small things would find this build interesting. :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes