Rear window replacement plus

Thursday night (before the rain) was rear window replacement, and right rear door latch cable repair time on my F150

Most of the rear inter interior had to come out along with removing the headliner to gain access to the bolts that secure the window reveal and glass to the cab structure.

Mush much easier than expected!

5 Likes

Doing all of those things was easier than you thought it was going to be or all of those things were ridiculous and it was a nightmare?

Knowing Tom, taking the picture, explaining, and posting it took more time.

4 Likes

Probably true David!
Interior work is pretty easy on most cars but I have to give extra credit to Ford - very easy to remove without damage to the various trim panels (no need to get “creative” on reassembly).
Note to anyone that does this in the future change to new gloves or wash hands for handling the headliner.

It was about 3 hours of work - the single most time consuming part was removing the sealant from the old window and the sealing surface of the cab.

My preferred sealant does NOT come out of a tube - it is a rope type of butyl sealant from English Color (an auto body supply chain), easy to apply, no drips or mess.

3 Likes