Punishment Committee (Dark Humor)

Better grounding to have a wet strap than a dry one.

6 Likes

Exactly. Remember the movie The Green Mile? Ewwww.

And nice job embracing the crazy @wandrson. This time I just went with it. Aren’t you proud?

@Kriskat30 Thanks for posting your frustration. It gives me hope when I know that I’m not the only one bothered by the inconsistencies I encounter at DMS. I’m learning, but if you are learning too it keeps me from feeling so lost.

8 Likes

Oh yes. That comment was absolutely made in solidarity.

It doesn’t turn them into sludge, more like disposing unwanted BBQ in the trash, organic biodegradable waste - so it’s a green solution, assuming they buy electricity from renewable energy sources.

The circled item is the electrode clamp and they tend to apply saline solution or other conductive material for “a better connection.” Also produces less burning or likelihood that person bursts in flames (has happened, greatly distressed those witnessing it.).

Although Nebraska I read in my quick morbid research has upped theirs 2,450V and duration to 20 seconds. Seems lower voltage and shorter duration weren’t always getting the job done.

My question is which committee would have ownership since it is considered a “tool”. Probably be off-sited for storage (hope is not used so often it gets its own committee space).

3 Likes

I propose the creation of a punishment committee and reluctantly nominate myself as benevolent dictator! :smile:

3 Likes

You wouldn’t be a good choice since you’re moving in the middle of the Chairmanship term (gives new meaning to the positions title). But you’d be one of the more obvious nominees IMHO.

1 Like

Well I could always fly back monthly for a judgement meeting and to pull the switch…

2 Likes

You’re leaving us, Walter?

I propose a two/three stage punishment scenario

Stage 1

This stage is optional and only if the offender admits to “Yes, I am illiterate (unable to read any of the dozens of rule notices throughout the space), inconsiderate of others, and my mother raised me to act like a pig.”

If an offender publically makes the above statement, they are eligible for Stage 1 punishment. This punishment will consist of a volunteer walking the offender around the entire space and reading to them each and every posted rule. Getting their written acknowledgement that they understand. This stage of punishment is only available for the members first offense, anywhere in the space.

Stage 2 (aka Temporary Ban)
For this stage of offense, the offender will be given a period of time that they must serve (as a paying member) in pillory placed outside the front of the building. Other members and guests will be provided appropriate rotten fruit and vegetables to pelt the offender.

Stage 3 (Permanent Ban)
For this stage of offense, the offender will receive a permenent ban by placing themselves temperarility in the ‘chair’…

[See picture above]

NOTE: While called stages, it will be up to the chair of the Punishment committee chair (aka. His/Her Majesty, the morning star) to decide what stage of punishment is appropriate for the particular offense

3 Likes

We already have a first intended person.

Someone put a CRT on the freebie shelf, ignoring the 2 posted notices that say “NO CRTS”

5 Likes

Public shaming worked for a long time according to something I read on the internet sometime ago…

Don’t know anything about this new fangled Internet thing, but there is ample concrete data, that when public shaming, or simply when everyone you knew also knew what you did (small communities), the degree and types of offenses committed were many orders of magnitude less then what we put up with in our modern society.

Public shaming provides two beneficial results. Everyone knows the person who committed the offense actually had some consequences for their bad behavior. This provides incentive for the original offendor to either leave us, or stop offending. Either result is good for us. it also lets others know that if they do the same kind of thing they too will have consequences. Without consequences, rules will get ignored, and might as well not exist.

1 Like

24 posts were split to a new topic: Bullying vs Punishment | The Big Social Political Debate

I’d like to see a rotary knob type of “switch” so that you could give the subject a few zaps before the actual frying. Why not make it a little more fun?

1 Like

Back to the original topic…

There’s a person who put a CRT on the freebie shelf after somehow not seeing the 2 signs that said NO CRTS that would be a good subject for the stockade.

I still want to build this :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be a fun one to build! :smiley:

How about this. The wheel of punishment.

5 Likes

Might I suggest level 1 of the punishment committee be that they have to read through every post on Talk? Apparently, I’m a masochist.

6 Likes