Public Service Announcements

The issue with posting this on talk is you aren’t reaching your target audience. The only ones that are going to see it here are a fraction of the membership and among them it’s people that already clean or people that won’t care no matter what.

3 Likes

I love these across the space btw, seriously great.

3 Likes

Same here.

@heyheymama can we get some for infrastructure about putting away equipment/computers back where it belongs?

2 Likes

Tried my hand at splitting off a topic into a new one.
Kinda failed.
Please bear with me!

@LukeStrickland…crazy what a simple idea it is, right?
@denzuko…will do. can you clarify what equipment is involved?

If anyone wants a PSA in the Lobby, think system-wide issues like values, logistics, infrastructure, on-boarding new members. The slide will be black and white (to brand it as a PSA…keep easy to quickly create…and still be classy).

If you have a class or event you’d like to draw attention to, that can be more colorful - design your own and I can add it.

EDIT: currently playing in Lobby… https://photos.app.goo.gl/521MQrdMTyRz9PMZ9

2 Likes

can you clarify what equipment is involved?

Mainly laptops and chargers but also monitors, keyboards, mice, etc… basically if its a computer tool that moves around the space it should go right back on the shelf where it belongs.

Why don’t we use the Chromecast screen saver screens? Or the computer screensavers?

I’ve always thought that was a good idea as well to advertise upcoming events and classes

2 Likes

I can see us doing that for the Digital Display Project and for those android tablets I hacked up over a year ago for this sort of thing.

Plus maybe @Team_Education could set something up for each chromecast’s display to show class announcements?

That’s how we did it in VCC, with Google Home and our google album

1 Like

This is in the custom series playing in the Common Room:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6cKN4TcGeiR5cp9W7

@StanSimmons asked for an Infrastructure/Logistics mix for that monitor.

EDIT: Could you give me an idea for something very positive to balance out the slides?

6 Likes

“Need a computer? Check the lockers in the Common Room for pre-loaded laptops!”

1 Like

Always wanted to work on a project that would tie web spaces to DMS real meatspace. My friend Joi Ito used to have a scrolling sign connected to a specific IRC channel. He would put it at the back of the room at conferences and we he got stuck he would ask us in webspace to lookup stuff for him. He was pretty damn genius so we just resort to heckling him. Scrolling sign was later renamed Heckle Bot.

It would be interesting for a bot to parse specific topics / announcements on Talk and display them on a scrolling sign or even better a large tv in the common area or lobby.

If we ever get to the tablets outside each classroom door, we could display them there too.

1 Like

@StanSimmons has ordered a touch screen for by the water fountain. Classroom calendar listings only.

2 Likes

Dawned on me that @denzuko’s request is a system-wide issue.
And the first draft was too harsh.
Going with this instead.

5 Likes

I think both would be great for the space along with one more about tools in general.

The though behind that is laptops and tools are explicit and gets people to put things away. While the tidy space is implicit and would get people to pick up after themselves.

1 Like

Point taken.
I will make you a very specific card for just the Common Room that comes off with a better tone.
Must move on to other things today.

2 Likes

Smashing. thanks Stephanie. I look forward to seeing the end results.

2 Likes

Is there a caused my first split badge? Awesome fix @heyheymama thanks for doing it.

1 Like

Print Media: Copywriting / Graphic Design / Layout - These are all creative (i.e., ‘makery’) endeavors.

Consumer ‘Reach’ x ‘Frequency’ of Messaging = Messaging Effectiveness (The leveraging of the DMS monitors to deliver these PSA’s on a repeating cycle will absolutely achieve its intended goals.

Well Done @heyheymama and ‘Lorem Ipsum Dolor’!

(From a guy who used to work in the Advertising Industry, with a Bachelor’s in Advertising / University of Texas at Austin)

2 Likes

And I won’t have to resort to the Barney clean up song :two_hearts:

4 Likes