Printer Purchase Discussion Monday 10/29/18

Just want to drop in some information that hopefully will be referenced during the discussion. I’ve said it a million times and I believe it to be true communication is the key to this expansion and I’m so happy that a SIG will be meeting to oversee and brainstorm the printer purchase.

I have cub scouts with my son and can’t attend but I honestly think @talkers will have a good handle on the wants and needs of the entire purchase and present findings for @Team_Creative_Arts at the November 8th CA meeting. @David_Ianni please reach out to as many photography SIG people as possible to alert them to the meeting. @Team_Digital_Media you might have people interested as well.

@CaryF300
@talkers
@jkraemer
@Shabbir_Degani
@sinless
@Webdevel
@Hardsuit
@Paul_Mai
@nacho
@Jeeves
@apparently_weird
@claybell

Here are the points I hope stay true to the focus:

• Although we have a budget we also are growing many other areas of CA and I believe for the overall health of CA we need to suit the needs outlined below while watching the budget for the expansion and our widening needs for the space. I would like to see this printer come in under $3.5k.
  • Have someone take notes and publish them to talk
  • The community of printers can (and should grow) I would love to see printing started with an up to 24-36’’ art-focused printer for now and we can evaluate where we are going to be in a year after the expansion. Nothing wrong with growing a community, establishing the core volunteers who are committed to classes and maintaining the machine, taking care of some of our looming expenses (expansion and suiting all our needs) and seeing where we are at in a year.
  • The room will limit the size of the printer. I showed Gorman where the floorpan was last night and I would like it brought out during the discussion so you guys can see the actual issues with space planning. We can’t just suit the printer and not take care of the many other needs of members.
  • When looking at printers please look at the atmospheric needs of the space.
  • We won’t keep or make everyone happy with this purchase and I’m perfectly ok with that.

46 PM06 PM

1 Like