Perot Museum October 19 Social Science theme: Maker

So, about every other month, the Perot Museum has a Friday evening adults-only event called Social Science.

The theme for October 19th’s event is “Maker.”

If we’re not represented there, it sure seems like it would be a massively missed opportunity.

I’m more than willing to help out with something, but we at least need brochures and probably some photos.

It’d be even better if we could actually do something Maker-y on-site at the museum.

7 Likes

If we had another DC power supple like the one we have in JSM andoizing niobium woull be a neat
and different thing to show off Not real noisy or messy Might want to have an acrylic shield to discourage
some idiout for sicking a finger in the electrolyet soultion

We are very interested in having the DMS come out “officially” and showcase projects or demo something. We can provide tables, and power if needed. It would be great opportunity to advertise the space. A decision would need to be made by 9/24 or so to make sure a space is reserved and you get in the program. There will be a broad range of “maker” projects and exhibitors that evening to showcase the full spectrum of making. We would love for the DMS to be part of this event. Feel free to contact me if you need more information. Social Science is a great event. It’s adult only (no kids!!!) with about 1200-1500 guests.

Looking forward to having DMS represented!
Patrick Carroll
Resident Maker - Perot Museum

5 Likes

@Team_PR

@talkers

I’ll volunteer Polynesia as part of the display.

5 Likes

I have a show that day, I think the niobium andonizing would be interesting

If someone wants to learn it, get with me and I will do a one on one
The space would likely need to buy some of the discs If nothing else we can
make them into earrings and place them in the store, I will do the making

@Captchemo PM’d

@EthanWestern