Open House Cleanup Part 1 - September, 28 2018 7:30pm

Thank you to everyone who voted! We have scheduled the first part of open house cleanup to be this Friday September 28 from 7:30pm to 10:00pm. We will mostly be tackling cleaning out all the cabinets of unused/unecessary objects so we can reorganize the supplies we truly use. Hope to see you there!

1 Like

SUPER URGENT INFORMATION!!!

If you have any personal intems stored in the cabinets or anywhere in the Ceramics area PLEASE come pick up your items! We will be fully cleaning out ALL cabinets so we can store items that are currently out and find them a new home i.e. slipcasting molds. Any personal items not benefitting the Ceramics community that are not picked up by Friday will be placed in the lost and found.

For example:

Please be careful with what you toss. Just because one person does not use it, a different person may use it. Also keep in mind, if you don’t know what it is that’s not a reason to toss it.

A list of all items being toss should be put up within the space as not all members are not on talk. Someone may have a reason the item is needed.

2 Likes

I think those molds are Nathan’s?

The plate and platter molds on the concrete slab are for Ceramics/GlassWorks. Jason W was suppose to build a shelf for them.

Please don’t do that. That’s just transferring your problem to someone else.

1 Like

I agree on the being careful, there are some not immediately obvious tools! Like sections of pvc pipe, excellent for forming handles. Hopefully we’ll have lots of eyes at clean up to help and I like the idea of segregating questionable items for folks to peruse before final decisions.

Addendum: Oh, an idea, let’s label ‘weird’ tools to make this easier next time around.

@John_Marlow:
A quick question! In the past, when I asked for clarification on this from board members I was told the proper place to move personal property (regardless of age) was Lost&Found, importantly, not the Freebie Shelf or direct disposal. If it is not distinctive as personal, I would think the committee could fairly safely keep, freebie or dispose.

All of your comments and concerns have been noted! Thank you all for the input. Molds and forms would benefit the space and without a doubt be kept. And also a reminder that nothing is being tossed or being placed on the freebie shelf! We will make a list and take pictures of what we think does not belong in the cabinets and will have all the eyes that show up to the cleanup to confirm our decisions. We encourage everyone who has an opinion to be there. If anyone has any other concerns please do not hesitate to comment. This cleanup is only to improve our space, not to get rid of tools that are worth using.

2 Likes

Perhaps a bulletin board with in the spaces with the pics. Not all makers are on Talk, a lot will not see your request for cleaning help, or your toss list.

1 Like

Great idea!

I agree don’t place them in lost and found, the dumpster is a much more efficient place to throw abandoned unneeded items, don’t let others needlessly slow you down when making the ceramics area better with your limited volunteer time is the goal, not handing out abandoned materials to random people.

1 Like

Everything in that cabinet is a disorganize mess, The items I can see all have a purpose. Mostly slip casting related. If you want toss anything. Just put it in a box I’ll take it.
The fired ornaments I think are Beth’s for like when kids come in i think

2 Likes

Can you please clarify the time? Is it Friday the 28th or Saturday the 29th?

2 Likes

Good catch! The date has been edited in the post :+1:t3: Friday, September 28!!!

1 Like