Non-CNC Mill Accessibility

I have all but given up on ever being able to catch the HAAS CNC Mill Class in order to use that equipment so have opted to just go the route I am most familiar with and machine the parts I need on the Non-CNC controlled Lathe and Vertical Mill (I believe it is a Bridgeport, but not for certain). My question I cannot seem to easily get an answer to is: Do the Non-CNC controlled pierces of equipment in the Machine Shop still require a training class in order to use or is it just the HAAS, etc…? Any assistance or input someone cares to give would be greatly appreciated…

1 Like

Yes they do. There are mill classes showing up on the calendar tuesday

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/bridgeport-sherline-mill-classes-for-august/25043/5

2 Likes

lol Thank you. The minute I posted my question I stumbled upon the mentioning of the Sherline and Bridgeport classes. Thank you for the prompt reply.

2 Likes

There is also an extensive (but not exhaustive) listing of the major tools at this location on the wiki. This listing tells whether training is required, and has many links to manuals, videos, and other documentation. It also links to the committee pages on the wiki so you can find out more about what’s going on.

1 Like

Thank you John, that is indeed helpful.

1 Like

Looking both ways, “John isn’t her real name”, but then you can’t trust a cat can you?"

2 Likes

See…this is what I miss about DMS… Just when I think I am the odd man out and the weird one…someone trumps me… lol

Thanks guys (or gals…I am so dang confused right now) for all the help.

5 Likes