New to this, in regards to 3d Printing

I apologize first off if I missed a rule and posted in the wrong place. I just discovered this whole thing a few minutes ago, and live in Denton. I saw there’s a meetup tomorrow that I’ll be attending but I was curious about something first.

In short, I invested all of my savings and bought an Ultimaker 3 Extended and am starting a business printing things, as my full-time job. Unfortunately, it’s been 3-4 weeks and I can’t get a decent print because there are issues that I can’t seem to fix. I have like 5 clients waiting but I can’t even get to that point.

Is there a subgroup or somewhere specific to those who focus on 3D printing? I’m desperate to get it fixed but mostly I’m hopeful meet some like-minded individuals because I live alone in a bubble.

I’m excited to be part of this community and hopefully there’s something of value I can offer as well!

:slight_smile:
Sydney Koopa

1 Like

Most 3D printer issues can be resolved by following the guide Here:https://reprap.org/wiki/Print_Troubleshooting_Pictorial_Guide#CAUSES:

or Here: https://reprap.org/wiki/RUG/Pennsylvania/State_College/Trouble_Shooting_Guide

And there is the #3d-fabrication group if you are wanting to ask questions about 3D Printers.

Not a #hashtag!! It’s an @ handle: @Team_3D_Fab

Also, it’s best/most efficacious (word of the day: efficacious) to place things in the appropriate category when thread is created. I have moved this one to 3D Fab area.

@mblatz, unfortunately the original poster will not be able to participate in the discussion with it under 3D Fabrication. They are missing the infamous Green Dot.

Thread returned to Uncategorized.

1 Like

Sigh…moved back to purgatory.

3 Likes

Anyway you can bring it to dms? I’d be glad to help you look at it.

1 Like

If you are seeing this I’m willing to help. Ultimaker should have excellent support if it’s a hardware issue. Can you explain the issue?

If this is a kit you have built from parts then you may have parts too tight and others not enough. A torque screwdriver will help with this.

Just as an offtopic FYI:
the octothorpe plus channel name as employed in the post by Mars42 creates a link to the category page; it just doesn’t look like a link. Try clicking it, though. The commercial at serves the slightly different purpose of precursing a person entity when the need arises to address their attention.
Either is valid, depending on the intent…

PS: ROFL @ Ahnuld!

1 Like

Word of the day: octothorpe.

2 Likes