New things in the wing and Hack-a-thons galore!

Great news @Team_VCC and everyone!

The committee has been in discussions with the National Hacking League about hosting additional hack-a-thons. They’re looking to have us host at least four hack-a-thons a month!!!

Plus, we’ll be working alongside PR committee to get more awareness about all the great stuff going on at the space and within the committee. Starting Sunday we’ll break ground on a new social media campaign called #DallasMakes where members can tweet videos and demos of things they make to have it showcased on the DMS youtube, blog, and have promoted as the committee goes around to different conferences in the coming year…

For those whom contributed to the malum project we also like to thank you! It was our hopes that we could come together as a committee to be excellent as a whole. While your ideas where great and your contributions small but appreciated the team has decided to go a different route.

We’ll also like to remind our members to clean up their project spaces before leaving. There has been a number of complaints prior with the board and with us being a very publicly accessible committee its highly requested that we do better.

Furthermore on a positive note the Grant writing group will be presenting their next round of details for the board’s approval so we can net a good $300,000 grant for the makerspace! @thespacemaker and @denzuko both have been working hard to make this happen as a team and we’re just a few steps away from completion.

4 Likes

I would love to be on the shortlist for hackathon notifications in the future. Just lemme know!

We had one this weekend and December 1st is the next one.

I’ll be sure to add you to our notification system. But don’t forget to sign up on the calendar when the event goes live.

you had one this past weekend? woah it flew way under my radar and i was actually actively checking the listings :frowning: made it to like 3 separate classes over the weekend.

1 Like

No worries, we’re making sure these are a regular thing so feel fee to attend the next one. We’d love to have you.