New Leather-working Instructor (don't scare him away!)

I finally convinced a buddy of mine, Steve ( @lordrook ) ( is buddy the right word if we’ve been friends for 30+ years??) to join DMS and he’s going to be helping me out by teaching some Leather-working classes. We’re currently coordinating the project class schedule for May, and we will have more classes available soon.

Please welcome Steve, and try not to scare him away!

20 Likes

Welcome aboard Steve! looking forward to seeing your class(es) soon.

4 Likes

Thanks @Webdevel

I’ll introduce myself a bit here. I have a bit of maker/creative ADD. As Jorge likes to point out, my hobby is hobbies. I mostly do woodturning, but am also proficient in leatherworking, sewing, chainmail, soap making (and various other skin care stuff), brewing (both beer and wine), and delicious tasty cooking. There’s others that I dabble in as well but I don’t want to bore anyone. My biggest draw to the maker space is to get into metalworking, specifically the metal lathe, and knife making. I look forward to meeting and working with you all!

9 Likes

Welcome. New here too, and that meme pretty well sums up my personality as well. I mostly joined to learn more about leatherworking, woodworking, and to see if there were any other developers I could meet. I look forward to your classes. Also very interested in knifemaking.

2 Likes