New Class: Personalizing Shirts, Hats, Mugs & More - 2nd Class Coming

Excited that this is so popular!!

I’ve submitted another class for Thursday, March 3rd for 7pm - 10pm. It should be on the calendar soon.

1 Like

In prep for the upcoming class should we bring photos/art work of what we want to print? If so, preferred format and pixel size?

1 Like

Yes, bring photos/artwork/logos (only things that you have a legal right to use).

For photos, I prefer PNG, and for vector designs, EPS or SVG is what you will need.

The photo size is a little more complicated. On fabrics (shirts and hats), you can generally get away with printing at 200dpi, Therefore an 8" x 10" image would need to be 1600px x 2000px. On hardgoods (mugs, ornaments, photo panels, etc.), you really want to be able to produce the image at 300dpi. A typical 11oz. coffee mug would take a 8" x 4" image, so you would need an image that was 2400px x 1200px. Bigger is better.

For vector designs, size doesn’t matter, since it can be scaled as needed.

1 Like

Cary, what is the aspect ratio / size for the hat image? And is the shirt image portrait or landscape? Thanks!

Chris

The heat press for the hats can hear an area 5-1/4" wide by 3" tall. The image for shirts can be either landscape or portrait orientation.

Interesting. Eventbrite shows “Sales Ended” for the 3 March class. Did it hit the limit?

No, when I copied the event from the previous one I forgot to change the closing date on the tickets. I have updated it, and there are 5 tickets remaining. Thanks for the heads up on this.

No problem. I was just about to grab one of those slots when I remembered that I have a conflict. Boo for me.

1 Like

There will be another class going up on the schedule soon.

March 3rd I believe is the next class. Lots of people interested!

Yes, March 3rd is the next class, and there are 4 tickets left. After tonight’s class I’ll evaluate and post another class for March.

1 Like

Based on tonight’s class I have reduce the class size for the March 3rd class to 7 people. There is one spot remaining. I’ll get another class on the schedule soon.

Thanks to everyone that came tonight.

1 Like

Tonight’s class was great! Thank you so much for teaching!! I can’t wait to make more things :slight_smile: Here’s a pic of the items I made for anyone curious about the results

5 Likes

I think Merissa’s coffee mug was considered the most awesome, it even looked like it was under the glaze.

2 Likes

Yes, her logo worked so well on the mug. It did look like it was under the glaze.

1 Like

When is the next class? Your past two classes have filled quickly.

1 Like

I’m putting in a request today for Thursday, March 10th, for the next class.

1 Like

When is the next class? I just now saw this post about last night.l… :weary:

@designcat

Here is the main thread where we’ve been posting updates for Dye Sublimation classes

I just held one last night… I’m sure we can get another one up before the end of the month if there is enough demand. Please post on the thread I linked so we can keep tabs on the current demand. :wink:

Also, kinda sorta related, I’m holding a very basic class tonight at 6 PM on how to use the Silhouette Cameo and heat transfer vinyl to decorate with. I’m fixin to head out right now to purchase items for the class to decorate. :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to the post about it: