Multicam snakebit

Just when we were ready to cut the vacuum channels in the new plenum, the remote control for the Multicam failed. Hopefully we can get a replacement locally Monday and finish the installation. Murphy’s law has been way too prominent of late!

3 Likes

Hey Bert - I have the previously broken controller incase you know what broke and want to scavenge parts

Ben, sent you a PM related to this.

Sorry I couldn’t help today. Was on a laser project for/with a friend. Lemme know if you need a minion tomorrow.

2 Likes

New keypad purchased. These things are like gold at nearly $1600 each… Take care of it!

Just about finished with the Multicam work, but have to leave for a few hours. Will be back probably about 9PM to finish. Plan on having functioning Multicam Tuesday morning.

1 Like

Do we need a sub-SIG tasked with building one good pendant from the dead ones?

If you want to help with that project, contact Michael Bayern @michaelb. He is planning to do investigate such.

There was talk a while back about printing an OtterBox style case for it from ninjaflex or similar.

Might be worth another look.

1 Like

Please talk to Ben Mergen @Ourfilthyhands. He was looking at something similar. Maybe you can coordinate to make this happen.

I still think hanging it from the ceiling with a tool balancer

is the way to resolve 90% of the pendant breakage…

1 Like

Great idea. We talked about it a few years ago…Alas, nothing has happened yet. Maybe the $1600 is enough of a kick-in-the-pants…

1 Like

I’m a fan of a monitor arm on the side with a place to hold the pendant on it. Most people I see place it on the front right corner of the table anyways.

1 Like