Multicam CNC Training 10/18 Newbie Question

Sorry, don’t know the answer. But as a constructive suggestion for the future, you should look up the instructor on the calendar and then tag them in your Talk Post so that the correct person will respond.

In this case, the calendar says the host is @AlexRhodes.

I believe Alex is traveling and you may not hear back from him until tomorrow or the day following.

I got back into town today. It starts at 6:30 but the first few minutes is basic overview stuff and shouldn’t be too big of a deal if you miss it.

Thanks for the info. I was actually trying to PM him, but realized this forum board doesn’t utilize it.

Thanks. I hope my schedule holds, and if so, I’ll be there for the training.

Hi James (@obiswill),

For future reference, you can send a PM by clicking on a person’s avatar, then click on the “message” button.

That being said, creating a public thread may have worked out better for you in this case, so you would know that he was out of town and expect a possible delay in response. :wink: :slight_smile:

As long as no personal information needs to be passed along, it’s really a matter of your preference.

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

Really new talk users may not have private messaging enabled until they meet some minimum criteria. Not sure if we have those restrictions enabled on our instance.

2 Likes

Great point, Kevin! And absolutely correct!

My apologies, James… I wasn’t paying attention to your “trust level”…

Here is a link to the minimum requirements to be able to send PMs on TALK:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/badges/2/poster

Also, can’t PM via email…

Hahaha ~ So (oddly) True!!!

Seriously, y’all - for those who do not already know, it does not work as you might expect! When you reply to a PM via email, it creates a New PUBLIC post on the open forum! :scream: :scream: :scream:

Thanks for bringing that up, Andrew (@jast)!

1 Like

@AlexRhodes Hi Mr. Rhodes, thanks for your reply. However, you did not reply to the second half of my question about coming to the CNC Router training and paying the $50 when I arrive. I’m a PA, and my hospital schedule changes constantly and I would like to attend before my schedule becomes really crazy. Right now per my previous response, I’m scheduled to be done at 6:30p Wed and I would really love to attend. Let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
James

Thanks! I don’t think my PM is setup yet because I’m still a newbie

1 Like

@AlexRhodes I meant i’m off 6:30p Tuesday

I am sorry I totally glossed over it. I am sorry but we try to avoid cash as much as possible and the class appears to be full.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I tried to register, but it said the class is full :(. Do you know when the next class will be? Also if I sign up for the class, can you tell me what the return/cancellation policy is if I can’t make it? Do I just lose the registration fee, or can it be used for the next time a similar class is available? Lastly, any chance to stand by, or to add one more to today’s class? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn on the fly.

One of the guys from the @Wood_Shop_Team will be better able to respond to your questions about stand-by, etc…

However, I did want to mention that you can sort/filter the results on our Events Calendar to narrow down the classes for a particular tool. In this case, you would be searching for the “Multicam CNC Router”: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/?tool=20 - which doesn’t have the next class listed yet; but, if you keep an eye open on the calendar, as well as on the CNC Router Training (wood only) thread: CNC Router Training (wood only) - you will have a good chance of catching it next time. :slight_smile:

There will be one in November. We try to have a class at least once a month.

When someone sets up a class they can set up the date of final cancellation that will give a refund. I usually set this for 24 hours for the CNC class. So you should be able to cancel up to 24 hours before and get your money back if you know you wont make it. As for today’s class I am sorry but I have already turned some others away and I have others coming in to retake/audit the class again.

1 Like

Hi @AlexRhodes Do you know when the November CNC Router class will be held? Thanks!

its now up on the calendar. https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1119

@obiswill, now’s the time to register!

1 Like