Mine! I found a gun that I need to build

Can anyone recognize the parts and where to get them?

1 Like

VLTOR CASV handguard. Looks to be discontinued.

Not sure if that barrel is going to require a tax stamp or not.

It would be classified as an AOW since it has a fore grip and a brace on it not a stock.
Ergo grip(?)
PMag(?)

So it does. Missed that detail staring at my phone right after the alarm went off trying to summon the energy to get started.

So odd that those manage to escape SBR regs.

It still requires a(cheaper, iirc) AOW(any other weapon) tax stamp because of the fore grip, whereas using an angled fore grip like the one on this SBR would not. The interpretation of rulings/laws/guidelines can be quite interesting.
Capture

This cheek brace(not designed to be a stock) from Thordsen also makes this a pistol.
Capture

If the overall length of the firearm with brace in the fully extended position is greater than 26" (measured to end of barrel or permanently attached muzzle device), you can throw a VFG on it, any shorter and then itā€™s an AOW.

Based on current opinion letters (given how fickle those things areā€¦) if your VFG is less than 1.5" in length it qualifies as a ā€œhand stopā€ and does not slide it into the AOW category. Slanted grips like the magpul AFG and others also donā€™t count.

The VLTOR CASV rails are stupid expensive now because of military gun cloners wanting them for their Navy SEAL clones of some variant of the Mk.18 before the Daniel Defense rail and Block II modification.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the pmag 30 as far as I can tell, no idea which vortex that is though, they had too many last time I sold them to remember. Pop up sight looks to be Magpul as well

Looks like a SBA3 adjustable pistol brace, troy flip up rear sights, maybe a houge grip, thatā€™s a Vortex strikefire II red dot optic, bcm gunfighter oversized charging handle, aero precision lower receiver and probably a matched upper, that is a CASV-ELS VLTOR weapon system rail, looks like a standard A2 front sight post and broom stick foregrip, pmag30 looks like a surefire light on it and a 10.5 inch barrel with a standard A2 style bird cage flash suppressor on it.

You can use what ever BCG you want and Lower parts kit also. Now if you want to have the broomstick foregrip you have to tax stamp this rifle. If you dont you can build this as a pistol and call it a day.

11.5 bcm upper

aero lower

casv el rail system

sba3 pistol brace

vortex strikefire 2

Streamlight protac rail mount 2

Daniel Defense forepenis

Troy buis

Source: Google Image search for the Win.

:https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/8zzkc8/firearms_are_cool/

3 Likes

This is the only part no one has listed yet that is shown in the picture.

https://www.amazon.com/TekMat-Cleaning-Waterproof-Instructions-Armorers/dp/B003JOLCAG

2 Likes

Are you making it in 300 BO or 556?

Understand the laws before you buy an upper with a barrel shorter than 16" like the one in the photo. :balance_scale:

4 Likes

Hereā€™s the one I got no tax stamp required
Itā€™s technically just a pistol in 300 blk
You can order it locally at Bauer Precision in Denton

1 Like