Midnight Makers - any interest?

How strong is the interest in late night classes? I am all in favor of helping people with tricky work/life schedules.

Currently I am offering one as a sample:
3D Printing 102: Form 2 SLA Resin Printer - Learn all about Serious Mink!
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7966

8 Likes

Super strong from me!! The only reason I haven’t attended many classes yet is because they’ve all taken place during work or school. I recently got to take an electronics lab class because I had off for the ISSA conference, but that kind of thing doesn’t happen often.

2 Likes

Cone tomorrow night and we can get you checked out on teaching this class.

1 Like

Tomorrow night, as in, Tuesday? :open_mouth:

I must admit, I still occasionally struggle with setting up my preform supports. But I’m sure you can refresh me on that! What time should I stop by?

1 Like

I’ll be there most all of the day. My lathe project should be done by 9ish. But you don’t need much lead. So say 10ish? We can get a print started and save the class time.

and yes. As in Tuesday. @mjdailey7 lol

Brilliant idea – will post a trio of late night classes for jewelry – maybe we can get some momentum…

1 Like

i cannot say enough awesome things about Ricky Martin.

But I have to start somewhere.

Richard was so generous with his skill and time Sunday! Students spent most of the day with him learning. So much awesomeness!!

4 Likes

10 it is! Tomorrow is an open lab, so I should be able to get out of my CCNA
class pretty early. See you then!

1 Like

Yes!!! Jewelry! I’ve been needing to get into that! Please do!

1 Like

This night owl is thrilled. :grin:

2 Likes

I’m able to do wood lathe basics 1 on 1 usually, anyone that wants to pm me to set something up, my schedule is usually pretty flexible. I would prefer to keep it to people that legitimately just can’t ever make it to a class since I am unable to do more than one person at a time, however unlikely I don’t want to mess with other teachers ability to fill classes

1 Like

Infosec guys seem to love the idea, coders not so much. Though a midnight lanparty would be fun too.

3 Likes

I would love to see more late night classes. For my personal situation, it is much easier to get to the space later in the evening.

3 Likes

Late is great! I make my own schedule most of the time, but I’m a night owl

1 Like

I can teach some late night classes, jewelry, clay and some things in CA

Let me know what y all are interested in and I will plan on classes

1 Like

Ah, but late night classes in what?? We’ve probably got a fair number of teachers, but it helps to know what y’all want.

1 Like

Late night knife / axe throwing class would be great …

But really … I’ve been wanting to try out some tracer rounds …
Or how about Dragons Breath?

I’ve worked overnights for seven years so late late schedule is fantastic. I’m still trying to coordinate getting signed off on enough machines to finish projects.

1 Like

And what machines would those be?

I’ll be there late on Fri/Sat nights