Media Blaster, tooling cabinet, and general metal updates

Bit thanks to Tim, David, and Freddy, and others tonight helping around the shop.

Tim and Freddy welded up the press brake kit we just got from Swag,

David and I resetup the work table area and moved in the new tooling cabinet. Like laser, to get access to these items you need to show up to committee meeting or otherwise get spot trained etc. The key uses the same type of lock box. Currently this chest holds the tubing bender dies and key to unlock it, the press brake, and the good grinding wheels if someone really needs them.

We all then chipped in a bit and swapped out the water and media in the vapor hone. It now uses aluminum oxide.

Additionally we all cleaned up the shop quite a bit. you can actually see the floors around the KMG again… at least for a few more hours until the next user :confused:

On a problem note, we found that someone broke our scale for measuring out powder coating powder
and another user ruined the measurement scales on the sheet metal tools; I don’t know how someone manages to remove the measurement inserts from those guides, but not only were they removed and mangled without any notice or care one of them was tossed in the garbage. Accidents happen (though I wonder how they could ruin not one but both of them accidentally in this particular fashion), but someone doing this was wrong not to tell us.

Cheers,
-Jim

2 Likes

The press brake guides being tacked & checked.

Lower die tacked & guides fully welded

Fully welded. The hard part was not continually welding it to keep it from warping. 1” at a time.

2 Likes

Tim gets full credit on the press brake! I was merely an innocent bystander!

Freddy

2 Likes