Machine shop Committee meeting & Minutes 10-27-18

Just a reminder, The machine shop committee meeting is tomorrow afternoon/evening at 5pm.

You can be partially interested in machine shop, Come meet the folks of the committee.

2 Likes

For once I’ll have to miss this meeting. Carry on folks.

1 Like

I sense an order already in the making…:wink:

Yep, we have been eagerly awaiting for you to get back from your fantastic vacation.

Hrm, so I should show up to this?

1 Like

No need to wait. Had some rain days where not much happened.
Desert roads don’t hold up well under cloudbursts/monsoon rains.
Encountered some roads - “Nope, not going there for awhile.”
The excell sheet w/ links makes ordering for you guys pretty efficient.
A positive roll model for others…oh my…:scream_cat:

Certainly. The more the merrier

Machine Shop Committee minutes 10-27-18

Attendance
Jeff Ray
Art Givens
Mike Glass
Dave Kessinger
David Steele
Bob Karnaugh
Chris Wischkowsky
Nick Silva
Tim Bene

Went over the consumables of what all we need.

Keyed Chucks for Bridgeport, Drill Press & Larger Chuck for the Lathe.

Decided on stocking Generic size drill bits. After the unique sizes are gone, there will be no replacements for those.

We will get side shields for glasses, or over glasses Safety glasses as standard glasses without side shields are not enough.

Clarification on the rule for gloves, Machine on-gloves off- Gloves on, machine off. Loading of material with gloves it ok, but if the machine is powered up no gloves shall be allowed.

Vote for allocation of funds 800 for the future purchase of 2 cabinets from Sam’s for the sterlines to reside. Vote All for, no opposed.

CNC Lathe Will be finished by January of 2019 or it will be given back to the donor with all of the parts that DMS bought for it. Vote All for, No Opposed.

Machine shop will buy outright the Baileigh TN-250. Normal price of 795$. Vote 8 for , 1 abstain.
If purchased by evening of 10-27-18, we will be able to use the coupon code saving 15%.

Measuring tools- Purchase measurement tools that Dave K Proposed at the meeting.
This includes Caliper Base, Caliper centers attachment, Ball transfer Gauges & optical Loupes W/ reticle for a total of approximately 200$. Vote all For

Additional info:
It was voted to limit the size of stock cut on the Evoultion saw to a minimum size of 1" until such time that we can get some blades with more teeth and a smaller distance between the gullets. this will prevent another kick-back due to the small stock falling and turning between the gullets.
Furthermore, it is dangerous to use the saw as a radial arm (pull) as a kick back in this condition will pull you INTO the blade. We will remove the locking knob for the slide and replace it with a set screw. This may limit the stock width to 8 inches, but in truth no one is really cutting stuff that wide on the Evo.
Cheers!

1 Like

Did we agree to a keyed chuck or a better and newer
keyless chuck for the Bridgeport? I really like having a keyless chuck on the Bridgeport. It makes working so much faster not having to mess with keys. It’s just that our current one is not working well. I’ve seen some that are keyless but also can be made much tighter with a wrench.

Also I think the guy from last week wanted a bigger chuck for the drill press not the lathe (I could be wrong).

Keyed Drill chucks