Looking to hire an expert to help me fix my personal laser cutter

Hey there, my name is Kyle, and while not a member I have need of a member’s help.

I’m unsure of what the going rate is for laser cutter maintenance, but I’ll offer $30hr minimum, which we can discuss of course by email. And I live in Plano so it’s not too far from Carrollton.

Now for the issues:
I purchased an 80w CO2 Laser Cutter last month. Everything was working well until I tried to perform maintenance myself not knowing what I was doing. I misaligned the laser and after getting it firing again, all wood edges are getting charred and the cuts are not perfectly vertical. I’ve done everything I have the energy for and I just want to get it fixed by someone who knows what they’re doing.

If you’re interested in helping me, please email me at [email protected] and we can talk more specifics. I appreciate anyone who might help, thanks.

Paging @gbeauw :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not really a Laser Maintenance type. I just know a little something about the Zing. That’s all.

Honestly anyone who has any experience at all I’d appreciate. Because today it will not get over 10 mA and won’t cut any materials of any thickness and I’m kinda desperate at this point, I simply have no clue what is causing this

I’ve been lasercutting for a living for 5 years. What area do you live in?

1 Like

If you are in the Lewisville, Flower Mound or Highland Village area, I can drop by for a look. Always good to have a second set of eyes to notice stuff. I have lots of troubleshooting experience with my little K40 and other lasers.

1 Like

I am in central Plano

Unfortunately I am in Plano