Leather Working Table

This is the leather working table I was telling you about that my friend has Stan. The top has two granite slabs and the rest is made out of polycarbonate board. This was originally made for leather working but it could be used for just about any craft that involves cutting or needs a granite surface. Completely custom built, measures 49x31x48. The granite used is actually an unused headstone for a purple heart veteran. The name was mispelled and they were going to throw it out.

In order to donate this table to Makerspace she will need help getting it to the space. Does anyone have a truck/trailer and will be willing to help move it from Dallas to Makerspace? This table is VERY HEAVY and will need a few people to help move it.

3 Likes

@Webdevel … @rvalles70 …

1 Like

thank you for tagging them!

1 Like

Leather would love to take that! In fact, one of my asks to Kris about the expansion was to add a table like this where we can mount our die presses, and have bins for the parts that go with them. This would be fantastic, if we have the space for it.

So assuming we have the space for it this would be absolutely perfect for Leather!

4 Likes

It sounds like it’s up to Roger for the final decision and then also to @LukeStrickland to see if he has a place to store it until then …

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea and I’m all for it. I think it would be a great addition to creative arts and of course the leather Sig.

4 Likes

I’ll help carry it for the move if we can house it. Don’t think it will fit in my Forester though.

2 Likes

Great! Does anyone have a truck/trailer that can help get it from Dallas to Makerspace?

Please do not deliver this to the Dallas Makerspace. @rvalles70 would have to approve the donation, and then if they cant fit it in Creative Arts right now, we need to figure out where we’re going to put it.

1 Like

Roger approved it verbally above. I know he has to fill out the “receipt of non-cash donation form”. Does he have to fill out that form before people will have permission to go pick up the item?

1 Like

Sure thing. @larwine is the one with the table, so just keep us updated on the process and where to take it once it gets approved.

Oh sorry, missed that!

Only that form should be required. We can’t fit it in any storage onsite, if Creative Arts doesnt have room right now we can store it in Locker #1001 at our storage unit.

1 Like

@rvalles70 do you think it will even fit in the Creative Arts room right now? I know there isn’t a lot of room in there atm. If not once we find someone with a truck/trailer to help move it, she can bring it to the storage unit. Is the storage unit near Makerspace?

Yes, it’s very close and easy ground floor access.

2 Likes

Has the new storage unit dedicated to new donations completely filled up? Amazing.

No. Should be ready for medium size pieces today. After I organize some we should have 3/4th a locker

2 Likes

I also think this would be fantastic thing too have! Hopefully Roger agrees

Roger did agree.

@nomadic_wanderer … maybe if you download the “receipt of non-cash donation form” and fill it out for Roger to approve it might help the process … (hint, hint). All the form asks is for a description of the item(s) and the name/address of the donor.

1 Like

What’s the urgency in getting this picked up? With @rvalles70’s approval and if we can store it like @LukeStrickland suggested I’d be willing to rent a HomeDepot truck if need be to make sure we get it.

2 Likes

Hi there! I have to get rid of it by May 31st. Im moving and im unable to bring it with me. If you’re serious about wanting to come get it and that fits in your timeline why don’t we get on a call and talk about the best way to do this. Feel free to give me a ring anytime @Webdevel

5 Likes