Lathe Dial indicator bezel

Would anyone care to create a bezel for the lathe travel indicator? We need a cover for it before it gets damaged. I was thinking a piece of acrylic cut round then another cut as a ring then glued together.
Here is a picture of it. I dont have dimensions currently.

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
1 Like

I’m down to; should be fairly trivial to laser cut. I can make it this evening when the MultiCAM class gets out. I’ll probably use a little bit of scrap rubber to make a friction fit so it goes on and off without too much effort and drill a small hole (1/32 likely) in the side to prevent moisture fogging.

Is there any scrap acrylic present by the lasers or should I try to bring some? Which Lathe is this on?

Cheers,
-Jim

It’s on the “new to us” big lathe 16x40 Shark. I’d imagine there is likely enough scrap laying around for that.

Ok,

if someone makes it before this evening go for it, but if not I should have it done late tonight after the class barring the unforseen

-Jim

1 Like

I’ll get you the measurements today.

Basically will be an OD to cover the gauge, a concentric groove inset about .032", say .032" wide and .016-. 020" deep slightly insert so it seats a dial face.

There was a long thread here about using the laser to make dial faces for a flight simulator.

Maybe someone should take this class: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/5791

1 Like

Mission Accomplished.

7 Likes

Thank you mucho! Great job.

Thank you. We appreciate it.