Laser acrylic shield

Would anyone be willing to cut on the laser, 4 acrylic shields for Machine Shop? I have the drawing on my member drive for it. The size of it is 8.75”x3.25”. It doesn’t have to be thick and it can be from scrap if needed. A reimbursement can be done, if the acrylic needs to be bought. This is for the High voltage separating compartment for the RFID lockouts we are working on. @Team_Laser ?
I can do it but don’t have the time at the moment, if possible by Monday evening.

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
1 Like

Talk is not delivering notifications, unfortunately. So the tag didn’t work.
That said, of course, we want to help.
There’s some scrap acrylic under our work table.
If face-to-face works, the Team will be working on its Maintenance Day today (Sunday). 11am for a meeting in Purple; by noon we’ll be in Laser.
Come have a rueben sandwich on us.
If we have scrap, yours can be the first post-Maintenance job.

2 Likes

Tim … do you care what color it is? Do you need to be able to see through it?

@heyheymama … looking at Tim’s file, it looks like it’s a dxf file that will need the file import parms set to inches in order to dimension properly. It appears to be in his sub-directory called PROJECT.

Unfortunately I can’t make it up there today. Believe me I would love to be there.

I would definitely like to see through it, I made it kinda a part of the design. I would have also imported it into my RD8Works at home but I didn’t want any compatibility issues with versions.

2 Likes