Ladies don't ignore ANY chest or odd pain

Well, the last few days have been different for me, I have been in the hospital. win a small heart attack

White I was eating dinner on Thanksgiving Day, I started having pain up high in my chest, Since I have severe GERD I thought that was the problem, then my dinner came up and that reinforced that thought. It wasn t, it seems it was a heart attack

Last Sun night I could not get to sleep because I couldnt breath Around 5 AM I woke my hubbby up and we went to the ER

The angigram showed that an artery going to one of the bottom chambers of my heart became blocked, lucky for me it was a smaller one but I still have heart damage

Ladies DON T ignore Any type of chest pain or other unusual, not easily explained, neck, shoulder or back pain can be the only symptom you might experience Dont wait, damage can be preventd by quick action

5 Likes

it should be something of note that men experience a heart attack differently than women, the common signs that you see on signs looking for chest pains (fingers tingly, chest pains, shortness of breath, cant see straight) are mostly directed to men, womens common signs are different in that we experience them day by day time to time and mistake them for time of the month or just cramps

4 Likes

This is the video I’ve been shown in all of my first responder trainings. Glad you’re still with us.

4 Likes

My cardiologist said he had one lady whose symtom was pain in her wrists

I was lucky Don t risk it

3 Likes

I’m so glad to hear you’re okay @Cairenn_Day, hearts are scary, they power so much and in the end are so brittle.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Get well soon!

2 Likes

Yay for being lucky! Take care of yourself and recover quickly.

2 Likes

In case any fellas are reading this thinking it doesn’t apply to them: Cairenn’s exact symptom and situation (ie. a chest pain while eating or shortly after eating) does present itself in males. While trying to feed the digestive organs, in particular the stomach, with blood and oxygen, the heart struggles due to the blockage. Unfortunately, most everyone writes-off this pain as heartburn. If this happens repeatedly during meals (maybe only big meals?), get checked out.

Cairenn, glad to hear you are on the mend.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reminder. I’m glad you caught it and wish you a fast recovery!

1 Like

Glad you’re okay now. Get well soon!

I’m glad you are ok

1 Like

I intend to be around this weekend, I have a couple of classesses up

pea pods on Sun and the wonderful andonized niobium on Sat

You are lucky… Take it slow. Get better.

Some don’t get to make it to the angiogram.

1 Like