Knurling tool dimensions

Would anyone care to go get the width of the knurling wheels & the diameter of the hole in the center of the knurling wheel? I want to buy some straight knurling wheels & wanna make sure I buy the right ones.

I don’t remember offhand, but mine are 3/4" wheels with a 1/4" Pin to hold them so the hole should also be a tight tolerance of 1/4". it does appear that 27/32 and 9/16 are also common sizes.

Courtesy Charlie said the wheel 3/4 diameter, the center hole is .261, and the thickness is 3/8”.

He said the pin that holds the wheel in looks skanky, it is 1/4”.

1 Like

Thank you Tommy and @procterc. Looks like McMaster Carr is likely going to be my vendor on this one. MSC & Amazon are both being a PITA for me.

So I thought I share that I ordered my knurling wheels yesterday at 12:30 from McMaster-Carr. It has already been delivered to my house this morning. I ordered it ground. It came from their Illinois warehouse. Last week when I ordered the new tungsten grinding wheels from them, I ordered it Wednesday afternoon & received them Friday. That came from their Atlanta warehouse. I have to say I’m pleased since most of the time it takes much longer for other orders with other vendors.

4 Likes