It's a poor marksman who blames his tools

Continuing the discussion from Basic maintenance.

Even the lowly .22LR is fatal with the right shot placement. :wink:

2 Likes

That is true. But “choosing” the less adequate tool when more adequate tools are available isn’t a winning plan.

1 Like

To which I reply: two 9mm JHP rounds in the center of mass is more than adequate to bring any attacker to his/her end.

I’d even go so far as to recommend a DAO revolver in a high stress situation. Unlikely to malfunction and easy to clear a misfire.

1 Like

“I’d even go so far as to recommend a DAO revolver in a high stress situation. Unlikely to malfunction and easy to clear a misfire.”

Just yesterday I recommended a double action revolver for that reason. As well as not being as popular so cheaper to buy.

1 Like

The title of this thread reminds me of when I bought my first pistol after many years of not having one. I was at a friend’s ranch and trying to hit the paper, at 25 yards but it was damn near impossible. The sights looked off so I asked my friend if he could check them (he’s a published gunsmith and machinist) and he said they were off. He grabbed his tools and adjusted them by eye and handed it back to me saying “it should shoot a lot better now.”

I tried and all I could get was about a 20" grouping at 25 yards. It was only 10 years since I shot a pistol last so I asked my friend to give it a try on the range just to see if it was me. He said “I’m going to aim for the center of the X” and he squeezed the trigger. At 25 yards.

He punched the center of the X.

He then handed it back to me and in his typical understated way said “It shoots nice, practice more with it.”

:smiley:

1 Like

Speaking of practice, anyone want to get a group together for some range time? It’s been ages and I need to knock off the rust.

4 Likes

Yes yes. I have a handguard to make for my LR-308, hopefully before then.

I’m always up for the range. :slight_smile:

I still need to sight in my LR-308’s scope.

I’m interested, need to use the Golden Boy a bit more to justify buying it…