Interest check for abrasives class

I’m a supporter of made in USA stuff when feasible. Last month I called Bullard Abrasives about 4.5" ceramic flap disks for metal and happened to talk to the regional manager that covers Dallas, Al Wright. I hadn’t heard of them before but saw them at Bowers tools and noticed the made in USA label https://www.bullardabrasives.com/

Al is in Dallas this week and gave me a call. I’m going to give him a tour of the makerspace Thursday morning 1/24/2019 about 8:30 AM. Sounds like he could come in some evening on his next trip in February and give a presentation on different types of abrasive for metal grinding and polishing and woodworking.

If you are interested let me know. I’m assuming mid week evening timeslot. Maybe part lecture, part hands on.

Thanks
Randy

8 Likes

That’s good. Hopefully there will be a good interest in it. I’m in.

Yep, I’m in too. An evening on abrasives would be great.

I’m interested

Sounds interesting.

this would be a great class to have.

I’m in. I’m in.

I’m in. I know nothing about making metal look half decent.

Here! Here!
I’m down!
As long as it’s after 7PM, or 645, during the week or anytime on the weekends… Please.

I’m always up for learning new stuff

Would be a great speaker for say Metal Shop, Machine Shop, Knife Making meeting or joint lecture,

I’m in for the class.

@Nick - you don’t need this class - you’re often abrasive enough - hehehehe :wink:

Sounds great !

An added note - Bowers Tools is great! All of their tools are either made in the USA or Europe and Nelson Bowers is a member of the DMS.

Local too - just north of Beltline

I Agree on Bowers tools is great! They don’t have a retail counter but if you send an email or call you can show up and they will let you pick up your order.

Hi Randy, I am interested in the class, prefer evenings or weekends. Thanks!

Hi Randy, that sounds great.
If there is a roster, please add me to it. I’m definitely interested.
Thanks

I’m in. I’m interested in aviation sealant, decal and paint removal / preparation. It is almost all on clad aluminum, some magnesium and composite base abrasives and tools.

Definitely interested… especially if it’s on a weekend. I’m west of Fort Worth, so usually weeknight adventures are out.

Unfortunately it will probably be during the workweek. And not till later this spring. No firm date yet. Al is going to send me some samples to try and let me know the next time he is going to be in Dallas.

Once we have the demo and get some training materials we might be able to hold a class on a weekend.

1 Like