I have a Fanuc P50 painting robot that is available for donation

My company is retiring a Fanuc P50 painting robot. it is a 6 axis robot complete with controller. it is fully functional, It was removed from service due to age. I would much rather this robot be put to some use than to be scrapped for base metal.

Please let me know if it is wanted so I can start the internal paperwork.

Thank You

Orien Love

3 Likes

@Team_Science and @Team_Creative_Arts may be interested in this.

Oh I wanna do this!

Thank you for offering it but I don’t believe we will use it inside of CA but others might be very interested @frank_lima

4 Likes

If the space doesn’t use it I would be interested

I am one of the people working with the Robotic Arms in Science.

@andrewboerder is also one. I believe we met you.

Let’s see what we can do.

The problem is where to put it…

I mean, somewhere surely?

Well, the controller for the other robot can go under it perhaps?

Ok no problem then p50s have offset wrists to…it’s a cousin of my 150 and 155

Put it in storage until 102 is ready for move-in?

Yes not a bad idea…it can stay at my house for free…if no one objects

sounds like it is wanted, I will start the paperwork process on my end and once I have all the approvals I will get back to the group and we can work out the movement details.

This is a fun robot to play with. I also have most if not all of the documentation.

1 Like

And all the software?..

I also have the means by which to pick it up load it and unload it…

If it is being donated to DMS, it would need to go into DMS off-site storage. Or more likely the current robot would go and this one would stay,

Sounds great! …

Should we replace our current manageable size robot with a larger robot before we get more space?

1 Like

I’m not sure how big it is going to be. I’m sure we will figure something out.

The software is loaded, and I believe that I can find the memory card. I also have a full backup of the controller on a server that I can download. It was running when removed and I was careful not to damage the wiring. we have a forklift onsite that can load the robot into a truck or trailer, I will try to find a good pallet to bolt it to for transport. I believe that I have asked all the correct people and will get the paperwork routing on Monday.

As seen in the pictures the robot is about the size of a large person, next to the robot on the right are 2 large kitchen trashcans stacked together for reference.

2 Likes

@Josh_Melnick … I believe this needs your explicit approval

1 Like