High Gloss Carbon Fiber Cloth On Wood

Hi All

I am planning a few furniture projects. My original intent has been a hand-rubbed black “piano” finish.

However, I have also been considering a high-gloss carbon-fiber cloth laminate for these projects. I was told that there are some DMS members that are very experienced with carbon-fiber cloth application. I would like to connect with these individuals so that I can discuss the feasibility of my project.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@Chris_Wischkowsky you are the man.

Just throwing out another option. If you just want the look of high gloss carbon fiber take a look at 3M 1080-CF12 Carbon Fiber Vinyl.

1 Like

Thanks Greg!

Thanks for telling me about this product!

I am assuming that you have used it? If so, can we meet up at the Space so that you can show me an example?

The first project is a platform bed that will require my wrapping the end and side rails.

I checked if we have any still here in the office but it looks like it was all used up. It is easy to install with a squeegee and the 1080 is designed for car wraps so flexible enough to go around sharp corners or curves. I have a 3M swatch book at home and will check if it has the Carbon Fiber in it so you can see what it looks like.

Its not horribly expensive as you can pick up a 60"x12" roll for under $20 and I am sure someone in Automotive would use it if it didn’t work out.