Help With Nintendo Switch Joy-con

Hello Makerspace community,

I’ll start off by saying that I know little to nothing about micro electronics. Being the goober that I am, I started a extensive and complicated project involving small electronic components anyways.

Here’s the gist of it: I wanted a pair of white joy-cons for my Nintendo Switch. Nintendo doesn’t manufacture those. Sure, I could have bought some off Ebay or Craigslist, but no, I personally insisted on making them myself.

I bought a pair of white housing shells with the intent of transferring the electronics inside from the original neon red and blue shells over to the 3rd party white shells. I sat down with a detailed Youtube how-to video and all the necessary parts and went to work.

I followed every step to the tee, and made sure every ribbon cable, screw, and button was in the exact position. Lo and behold, only the right joy-con works. Both will charge (as indicated by the LEDs on the rail) when physically connected to the switch, but only one will pair to the switch.

Is there anybody out there who is willing to help me with this issue? I am willing to pay money.

Thanks,
Leo

yeah I can take a look at it. what’s schedule?