Help Needed: 3/27@10am, Lifters and Movers (Rescheduled-rain)

Fired Arts has received a stunning donation of Glass Studio equipment and we need volunteers to help pick up furniture, tools, molds and more from a location in Plano (Parker&75ish in case you happen to already be over in that direction).

@Kriskat30 and I will be renting a U-haul and heading out from DMS at 10am. We’ll caravan to Plano, load, drive back to DMS off-site storage and unload. If you are able to lend us a few muscles, we’d super appreciate it and sing your praises for at least one full week. A few more people would make this a breeze!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
1 Like

I’ll come help out. Meet you @10 am at DMS.

Thank you! You are a gem.

3/27 is a Tuesday.

Instead of renting a U-haul (expensive & junky), if there is anything heavy, go to Penske and get a liftgate truck. In my last job, I had reason to rent trucks fairly frequently - Penske’s trucks were far superior and less expensive. Having the lift gate saves a ton of work. I would be happy to meet you guys and help!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Will see you there.

(Also, you are a delight, we should all get to spend more time with you. I was serious about that ‘singing praises thing’. :slight_smile: )

Two things. Tuesday they are predicting thunderstorms with a 100% probability of rain. What time do you expect to be in Plano?

Meet at DMS at 10, so 11 in Plano. Current forecasts seem to indicate rain beginning in the evening. But let me think about this and look at the week.

We are still a go for the 27th. If weather reports change and we end up with a torrential downpour in the morning, we will reassess, but until then we are holding strong.

2 Likes

I can assist, Chris.

1 Like

Brilliant! I think we should be nicely set now.

You are the wind beneath our wings. :slight_smile:

Bump. Are we still on (weather related question)?

I am texting our donor now to see if we can reschedule. Will update ASAP.

We are postponing until next week, will be confirming date soon. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Not your fault! Thank you for the quick update, much appreciated.

Our new date (and huge thanks to our donor for being very accommodating) is next Tuesday, April 3rd, at 10am. @Kriskat30 will be coordinating and contacting folks to reassemble the crew! If you will be available on the new date, please drop her a note.

Thank you all for volunteering, you are all lovely people.

2 Likes

I have not heard any more about this. Is the expedition still on for this Tuesday?

1 Like

I am out of town this Tuesday so Kris Anderson is heading up the effort. We texted last night about the overall storage plan so I believe everything is still on for 10. I would confirm with her just for a double check though! Thank you for the help!

1 Like

Yes, per Kris’ post.

1 Like