Help Kathy Count Cash!

Hello Dallas Makerspace!

Our dedicated Book Keeper Kathy is at DMS today until 5-6PM, and needs someone to stop by and help her count cash. This is an easy task, but we require two people to help ensure checks and balances.

If you’re around the space today, just drop in her office (Conference Room), and tell her you would like to help her count cash.

Thanks!

4 Likes

So I chatted with Kathy and she feels that there is so much counting to do that she will need a volunteer for multiple hours. So just popping in after work like I tried wasn’t enough time to get started. If your willing to help, try to come by Friday around 10am. That way you and Kathy have enough time to get the job done.

4 Likes

I can show up 1-ish…

2 Likes

Ok, I can be there about 10 on Friday

3 Likes

Imagines how Nate will count…”that’s one for you, and two for me…”

3 Likes

Irony of ironies.

This is one thread that the general public probably should not see, but…

6 Likes

Geez, et tu Bruté? I didn’t know I came off as such an untrustworthy person. I’ll have to up it to four for me now.

2 Likes

Hoping to make it up Friday mid-day. About my only deeply qualified Makerspace learned skill is counting cash.

1 Like

At least now we know what the Hole in the Wall gang’s itinerary for Friday is.

We got it done in 3 hours. Should make it normal process to have volunteers help. That is too much for one person to do even when paid.

Kathy is very organized but we may want to consider the use of envelopes in the process of making payments. If you need to include a note, fine but often just means we waste a lot of time and paper opening 1,000+ envelopes.

3 Likes

I’ve done it a number of times. One time after it hadn’t been picked up in a long time, It took, @Bill Gee, myself, and Kathy about 1:45 to count (That’s counting it twice). We now have a bill counter which helps greatly as you can count it 3 times very fast. Counter has two displays so two people can observe easily.

Takes about 30 minutes to walk around and collect it. It would help greatly if one did the walk-around and someone else did the count to reduce the time needed.

1 Like

Would using letter-sized envelopes be less expensive than legal? I do not recall whether we use regular or security printed, but the regular ones are cheaper as well.

Neither would save time. Going without may make auditing payments impossible when it is needed.

2 Likes

Apologies for not being there as promised, I wasn’t expecting to be in Texarkana since Thursday.

@Lampy helped and Kathy said the two of them got the job done in record time thanks to Ken. I popped in at 3 to try and help and they had already been done for hours.

Thanks

2 Likes