Headset with recording quality microphone

I am going to be recording some training information from a PC with me doing a voice over.

Any recommendations for a Mic / headset that is not $1,000?

I’m a fan of the ATH M50x for headset and the Antlion mic for a headset style mic. The setup will be about $200, so not $1000, but also not $10. This will get you going at a nice quality level. Also, if you want to make those headphone incredibly comfortable and get a bit more isolation from them, the Brainwavz memory foam ear pads are a must. They make a huge difference in comfort, even though the headphones are already pretty comfortable.

1 Like

I’ve been a fan of Yeti microphones and they wont break the bank.

https://www.bluedesigns.com/products/yeti-studio/

1 Like

The Yeti Mics were the standard mic for Youtubers about 4 or 5 years ago. Most of the major channels that used them, tended to switch to a Shure SM7B when they started making money. I’ve used a Yeti and they are ok, but I was never a fan. I love my SM7B, but understand that the love comes with a premium.

The most common mic you will run into in the industry is the Shure SM58 for vocals. It is a budget mic that is very sturdy and sounds pretty good. This would be my suggestion if you are wanting to put out a professional product on a budget over the yeti.

No argument, my data is based on experiences from a few years ago. Looks like a shure x2u adapter would be needed with that mic.

Yeah,
that is one option for converting to usb, another option is a USB interface.

That’s the model they use at KNON. They’re pretty sweet.

Yeah, it is super popular. One of the largest claims to fame is that Michael Jackson required it for recording the thriller album.