Gun auction for everyone who’s interested in guns found at auctions

https://tylergraceauctions.hibid.com/catalog/152440/gun-store-and-coin-auction-all-guns-and-coins/

6 Likes

FYI: The auctioneer charges 18% buyer’s premium plus sales tax so add ~26.5% to your out-the-door cost when bidding…

2 Likes

This is a great point, also if your not sure about the price and what you could get the same gun for. I suggest price checking the Bid+18% against www.grabagun.com . They have a great site for finding most of the guns in this auction at reasonable prices. Plus, if your willing to pick up in Coppell, they do not charge shipping or transfer fees, making it a good apples to apples comparison.

Example, One I’m interested in.

If I bid $510, my actual cost would be $601.80 before tax.

Current price at GrabAGun

So on this gun there is only a $60 bid window before you end up higher than I could buy this at grabagun.

2 Likes

Got to do the reverse sales tax calculation:

[Gross Price] / (1 + (8.25% + 18%) ) = [Bid Price]

So if something is worth $200 out the door to you, bid $158.42. Sucks for the place going under that discerning buyers will discount the auctioneer’s take, but no one likes paying more than retail. Or just account for the buyer’s premium and bid $169.49 for $213.98 out the door cost.

I’m going to guess that like most auctions, there will be rubes punters unaware of the staggering buyer’s premium and sales tax so they’ll bid right up to market and be caught unawares by the surcharge.

Lever action 30-30. They kick pretty good. I have one in my collection

1 Like