GlassWorks Committee meeting / Member Meeting notes 8/6/2018

**GlassWorks ** Please see below for Members meeting notes
Committee meeting notes 8/6/2018
7 committee members were in attendance

A copy of the GlassWorks floor plan was passed out to the attending committee members. The power placement for the kilns and other electricity was suggested and approved.

The GlassWorks location will be in the part of the building with AC, next to the Galley. The front of our space will be open, the back is a full wall (warehouse on other side), and each side be some type of partition wall.

We briefly talked about the placement of tables and equipment. We will schedule a more in-depth meeting on these items at a later date. The board has stated we may only spend half of our funds to furnish our space.

The microwave cart has been placed on hold since the credit card to order was lost, when the replacement card comes in we will get this ordered.

Update on the large kiln – we need 240 power before any further test can be run.

Charles Baber has been doing a great job on getting our equipment operational. We disused that most of our equipment is for home hobby use. We will need to take extra care when using these items since they will be used a lot more than they are designed for.

We had another discussion on a 101-equipment class be held. Not all member are online, it was also suggested we have a printed list displayed near the equipment of all approved users. I would like to have a vote on this next meeting since we had

We are currently gathering all Stained-Glass Tools and equipment to inventory. We need to be able see what is usable, and what needs to be purchased so we may get some classed scheduled.

Anita Willis has a Parent/Children’s glass class scheduled 8/19, also is working on getting a 10x 10 Flat Fused class put together. Beth has a microwave kiln scheduled about every 10 days.

Personal Member’s Meeting notes

A great pot luck meal was provided by the various member of DMS

The full new floor plan was reviled with commentary on all the new committees, and upcoming changes. YA!

Please be advised the move may effect all areas Christmas Season Art projects!

I understand there was a last minute change and the Galley door is being moved, so we might get a couple more feet . The current space is 37 x 14 with out the new change. Our front open space is the open work area for all members. A sink is also very near to our new space.

A mandate was set by the board that each committee may only spend 1/2 of their funds to outfit their new spaces.

There will be multiple area’s that will have personal storage space for rent. Cost and size are available at this time.

Woodshop will be enclosed with windows to help keep down the dust.

2 Likes

New space drawing inserted for anyone that has not seen. I will post our GlassWorks diagram with requested power noted soon. I have not submitted to the expansion committee yet. As suggested by our committee, I want to add the AMPs of our kilns before posting.

New space Layout

New areas and old space over laid onto new space to reflect the extra footage

new space layout 2

Have you gotten our power needs chart to the Expansion Committee? They were asking for it…

1 Like

No, I will be by tonight to check on the kiln AMPs. I wanted to Submit photo’s with the floor plan.