Fire Safety Cabinet Moved to Machine Shop

@Committee_Chairs Chuck Graf @dallasmagna came to me and we talked about how there is a real need for the Fire Safety Cabinet. We got a group together and moved it into Machine Shop so it is no longer a Logistics or Storage problem and Makerspace owned property is being retained. Machine Shop moved its cutting fluids, hydraulic fluids, and other lubricates into it from the heavy steel cabinets they were stored in.

Committee Chairs that have material they want to store in it, let me know. This cabinet will ONLY BE FOR COMMITTEE OWNED MATERIALS - NO PERSONAL STORAGE. All items from committees MUST HAVE a label. Will work out the details of storage and post it.

If Wood Shop, VECTOR, 3D Fab, or CA has some of their items off sited you may want to go get them. If Small Jewelry & Metals wants to keep their consumer/hand held sized propane, butane or MAPP in there they are welcome to.

Again, NO PERSONAL STORAGE, Committee Material only. You bring it to the space you take it home.

23 Likes

This is 20 characters of fantastic.

Edit: what would be the process for adding something to the cabinet?

:wink:
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Moldmaking items when we get them. Resins if we have a resin class.

1 Like

I had some flux stored in there for J&SM. It was properly labeled as such. Hope that it is still there. We will discuss moving storage of torches at our next committee meeting.

If some kind and willing soul would make large red letters on the Vinyl Cutter for the cabinet that read:

ONLY COMMITTEE OWNED MATERIALS
NO PERSONAL STORAGE

it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@missydee1206 @mreynolds FYI

1 Like

Anything that was in the cabinet, needs to recovered from Offsite Storage. It was put in the Right-hand side unit of the two we have.

Your welcome to store items, it’s close by for you.

Thanks. I was wondering where we were supposed to stash our gang committee colors… https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/color-coding-for-committees/18737/107

2 Likes