Dye Sublimation 101 Classes coming up!

I think there are about 6 of each size available. It probably wouldn’t hurt to get another package of both Letter & Legal, or just provide Legal going forward. If you do order paper, get the TexPrint-R. It has the logo on the back side.

Are either of you slated to go to johnsons anytime soon? I can hit it on the way out to dms but if you’re going it would be nice to save the double trip.

Thanks, I asked because me and white T shirts are a bad combo, I will get them stained by the thrif time I war one,

I have na image, I have no idea how large it is at this time, I can put it on a flach drive, and it is just black and wheite or black and background color

I don t know the details of it

I can stop by in the afternoon if someone hasn’t already grabbed some by then (please post here or PM me if you do…). Do we want a package of each size or just one package of Legal size?

hahaha… I can totally relate! :flushed:

That image should work just fine. As a matter of fact, you can probably put it on a non-white, light colored shirt - since the image is black and (transparent) anyway… It may not be as sharp of a black as it might be on a white shirt; but, it should still look good.

Be sure that any shirt you use is at least 50% polyester… The higher percent the better! (Basically, if you have a 50-50 poly-cotton blend, then after washing the image will only remain on the polyester threads and will wash out of the cotton threads - giving it a very faded vintage look…)

@Cairenn_Day ~ Here are some things I sublimated onto gray colored cloth. I like the look; but, it’s definitely not the same as printing on white…

Thank you, I will try to figure out the sizing of it, A friend designed that as log
for me, It would be neat to wear when setting up of a show
I have 3 medical appointment in the next 3 weeks so life will b e nutty({arl;amd sp ;pts pf waotomg_,

1 Like

On that particular image, we can resize it during class. It looks like it is already plenty large enough for a shirt, we will just need to increase the dpi a bit - which will take all of a few moments to do. :wink: :slight_smile:

That image is 1500px by 1500px, which can be printed at 10" x 10" at 150 dpi, which is sufficient for fabric. The only limit for it is going to be the paper size.

@Cairenn_Day, if you want a 10" x 10" print of it to put on a shirt, PM me and I’ll print it on my 11" x 17" printer at home.

2 Likes

Let me look and plan after the weekend, I am in the Funky finds show in Ft Worth thei weekend

2 Likes

FYI… The dye sublimation classes are on the calendar now ~ Don’t wait too long… Seats are limited and both classes already have members signed up on them!

:smiley:

1 Like

if I pay $10 can I do two items, One shirt and one flat piece of fabric?

The $5 covers the cost of one package of five sheets of sublimation paper.

As long as your designs print as expected (correct size, correct color settings, etc…), you should have enough paper to sublimate at least five items (maybe more, if you can fit more than one design per page - which will depend largely on what size the designs are…).

That being said, how many items you can sublimate as part of the class will depend on how much time we have in the class. I will stick around until everyone has the opportunity to sublimate at least one item each - as long as they have brought their own shirt (or other similar polyester fabric item…). :slight_smile:

thank you, I need to contact the nice person that offered to pring me a large image for the
flat fabric, I want sign for my booth and I don t think I can paint it now
The other will be on a T shirt, it is a solid color design,

1 Like

That would be @CaryF300, our resident Sublimation Pro :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I was dreading trying to find the post

1 Like

I just joined DMS and I would love to attend the class tonight at 11:45, but it is full. Would I be able to watch on, just to learn how to work the heat press - even if I’m not making something. Is that a possibility? Thank you!!

1 Like

Welcome to the 'Space!

Sometimes we have no-shows. If you are at the Space and any slots open due to no-shows or last minute cancelations, you would be welcome to register at that time. Unfortunately, there is no way to know until the class begins.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for responding! I’m hoping to be there by the time the class starts.

1 Like

FYI ~ If anyone was trying to get in on tomorrow’s class at 2 PM, there are two openings now.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1932