Dye Sub Paper Has Been Restocked

Sunday my wife and I restocked the legal sized paper, and created the first stock of tabloid sized (11" x 17") paper. It is in manila envelopes in the Scrap Vinyl draw of the lateral file cabinet.

Be aware that the pricing structure for dye sub paper has changed. It is now $5 for 4 sheets of legal sized paper. The tabloid sized packages are $10 for 4 sheets. Please return the envelopes to CA when they are empty, so that we can reuse them.

a new roll of uncoated butcher paper should be coming in any day now.

5 Likes

Awesome. So any 100% polyester t shirt will work? I can just order from amazon?

2 Likes

Yeap, 100% Polyester

1 Like

Not any shirt, since you can’t print on dark colors, but any light color 100% poly shirt will work. I like the Starter brand that Walmart sells.

Yeah buddy. Thanks for taking care of business Cary!

So if I used a slate or grey color ,would that change the color of the image?

It can. The inks are translucent, and white areas will be the color of the shirt. Your brain will trick you into thinking that you see white.

How about a 60% poly, 30% cotton, 10% rayon? I’ve seen that 50/50 are “ok”, not sure if the 10% rayon will cause any issue.

It will all depend on if it can withstand the heat. Most dye sub pressing occurs around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, but it can happen as low as 380. Ink will still wash out of the cotton, but may stay on the rayon. I’ve never tried it, but think it could work.

Thanks, guess we will find out on Saturday :slight_smile:

I just did some reading, and found out that rayon is a cellulose material. It will not bond with the ink, much like cotton won’t. If it holds up to the heat, then you will have ink bond with the 60% of the fabric that is polyester. It will look faded, or vintage, as the kids say. :smile:

2 Likes

Can anyone advise on the status of the wide format? Are we still having issues with yellow?

You can’t compensate with a photoshop layer the color of the shirt?

You can try, but remember that there is no white ink, and all of the dyes are translucent. You can’t do anything to make the resulting colors lighter than the color of the fabric.