Does anyone know where we got the red chairs in the common room from?

I looking to buy a computer chair and I really like the red ones we got at the space. Does anyone know where we got those from?

8 Likes

There are a brand name Herman Miller. They have wonderful chairs, but tend to be pricey. I use a Aeron chair at home and I love it.

2 Likes

These guys I believe

3 Likes

They are straight from hell.
Probably no one will complain if you bring a decent and comfortable chair to trade for the torture device ones

5 Likes

@lukeiamyourfather was instrumental in the purchase of the Vile Red Chairs.

Most people either have no opinion at all or they like the chairs. If you’d like a chair that smells like rotten crotch and sits crooked there are plenty in electronics committee area.

I would love to take the credit because it was a great purchase. In reality it was a committee vote and I was a regular member.

6 Likes

The fact that we still argue over them and the only complaint is that they are uncomfortable for some body types is a pretty good testament to the fact that the chairs will never die.

3 Likes

I want to know what chair isn’t uncomfortable for some body types.

2 Likes

We could get these.
Then everyone could be equally unhappy.

5 Likes

Nope…I am betting we have some members that I am pretty sure would like this.

4 Likes

Please refrain from just throwing continuous vitriol at the decision and members that worked hard and considered many option in purchasing the chairs. This is not excellent behavior in any manner.

Secondly, you are suggesting it would be acceptable to trade chair with DMS. This is suggesting theft of DMS property. Theft of DMS property is likely a felony.

@Photomancer, @Kriskat30, @Diplomat, @dr_cee, and @LukeStrickland would you please suggest ending this negative and possibly illegal behavior? Or will the individuals that get singled out by those hating on the chairs like @lukeiamyourfather, myself, and @AlexRhodes have to submit formal complaints to have the BOD respond to this obviously poor behavior?

2 Likes

@Nick

I think @nicksilva was not advocating theft. I think he was suggesting they were not comfortable for him. Read his post again, please. To me what he wrote was “The chairs are uncomfortable, bring your own chair.”

How is that actionable? How is that civil on your part, to suggest the BOD censure him for an opinion? Is that the behavior you are advocating for the board or for DMS??

TALK to Nick Silva. Please.

3 Likes

@Diplomat,
Luckilly, this is in all in written english. You read the below,

Nick Silva actually wrote the below,

To “trade” a chair you brought into dms and take a chair that you do not own from DMS is theft. This is the exact action that @nicksilva is stating and claiming that no one at DMS will complain.

Also, Claiming the chairs are “strait from hell” and “torture devices” is more than dislike, it is a vitriolic statement. Vitriol is defined as cruel and bitter criticism.

This has been a continual pattern for nearly a year if not longer on this subject. I get at first not liking the chairs and airing your grievances. That period has fully passed now. Rather than being productive these are just out right negative statements and also suggesting breaking the law.

Does this comparison clarify the difference for you Steve?

2 Likes

You know Nick I’m glad we have this thing called free speech, it’s a beautiful thing. It’s obvious that nicksilva’s statement is reductio ad absurdum. Why would a committee chair suggested someone steal a chair. Anyone with any amount of Common Sense would this. You don’t get to set a period for when someone has to stop making comments about something. As far as being excellent, I find this phrase to be on un-excellent. It’s open to interpretation and is used as the hammer in which to beat people into submission that don’t share your viewpoint

1 Like

As for where to get a specific chair, check out office furniture companies like business interiors. They generally get sample furniture that they will sell off for a huge markdown. Might not find the exact chair but one like it.

I used one at work for several years and could never get comfortable in it…ducks and runs out of the thread

4 Likes

I didn’t get theft from this but I think I understand where you get it @Nick … What I got was, for example, I’m sitting in one DMS chair and trade what I am sitting in for another chair. Trade as in swap seats not take away forever. Who would want to take one of the red chairs anyway?

1 Like

Who would want to take one of the red chairs anyway?

well… OP of this thread, apparently.

3 Likes

It’s called sarcasm. Look it up.
What is not sarcasm is that yes, I think the chairs suck

Good point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought a black chair exactly like the red chairs (other than color) for $10 at the UNT Surplus sale warehouse last summer.

If you follow their website, they post pix of stuff that will be for sale. Usually the postings are updated by the weekend in preparation for the “every tuesday morning” sales.

And my butt likes those chairs.

6 Likes