DMS Talk Updates & Problems

Hey all!

In an effort to resolve our recurring talk issues and downtime, I tried ‘rebuilding’ the discourse instance. Instead of keeping a nice stable version of Discourse, it updated us right to the top.

Can you make it not delete my full quotes?
Unfortunately no, all posts are already in the queue, and Discourse will end up processing them if we like it or not.

Can you roll back?
Maybe, we do keep backups, however we’d have to create a fresh instance of Discourse, and reimport days-old data. The infrastructure committee will decide soon.

Why are old posts popping up?
Seems to be due to the full quotes issue, and will not be resolved until all the previous posts are done updating.

Can we tweak the design / ui slightly?
Of course, but let’s ride it out for now.

Any questions, please post them here!

P.S: This topic is in Public Relations because I wanted it to be available for non-members.

7 Likes

By the way you’ll continue to get wrongly timed notifications as the backlog of post modifications finishes saving, this is why email notifications are off.

The forum and all of it’s posts should be completely updated.

I have also re-enabled email notifications.

Let me know of any bugs or problems you find.

1 Like

Groups has disappeared from the Admin menu.

Admin -> Users -> Groups

1 Like

OK. Thanks.

I tweaked the UI slightly to make the topic list a bit more compact…

1 Like

And in conjunction with this, by majority vote of the active Admins, we have eliminated the uncategorized category. Talk now forces you to select a category to create a new post.

3 Likes

@LukeStrickland posting here as well, did you see the hot fix added in the Discourse Forum?

Nearly all admin tasks generate the following error:

It typically spins for a long time, generates this error, and then after backing out of the task and re-initiating it, it normally completes the second time. Not always though …

So @LukeStrickland and @Draco have a thread open about this issue on the Discourse Forum.

I’ll add your observations to the topic as well.

1 Like