DMS Superstar Daryl Barth Gets Local Press

Have a read:

13 Likes

I wonder if there is enough in it about DMS to support our Wikipedia artile

My impression?
It doesn’t pass the “significance” requirement, which is to say DMS is largely a “passing mention” in the article.Though I think there’s room there to go the other way. Also, it’s difficult for me to assess whether “Carrollton Leader” is a publication which is independent, reliable, and/or secondary. It is published by Star Local Media, and I’ve been (so far) unable to ascertain viewership or distribution of said media (I think it’s strictly web, but there might be paper distribution as well). Star Local Media is, in turn, owned by S.A.W. Advising, LLC, articles of incorporation filed by Scott Wright. I have no idea whether said individual is affiliated with DMS in any way. Because I don’t recognize the name (without doing any actual legwork), I’ll choose to think Scott Wright, S.A.W. Advising, LLC, Star Local Media, and Carrollton Leader are, therefore, secondary and independent. I have little information to form an opinion on this source’s reliability, but I suspect Wikipedia’s censors caretakers will say it is not.
Still a good article, though, and good press for DMS and several aspects thereof! :+1:

EDIT: that whole “can’t quote a full post” thing is seriously pissing me off!

I cannot speak about the Carrollton Leader, but the Plano Star Courier, also part of Star Local Media, is a real, but small community newspaper. It publishes daily and subscriptions are available for home delivery.

Edit: It predates DMS by decades.

3 Likes

Do you mean the name

?
Because S.A.W. Advisors, LLC only incorporated in 2015…
Links or other sourcing info (might) would be helpful on tracing that down, and any data we can provide on distribution numbers and/or methods (subscriber rates to print and/or web publications), longevity, etc. might be helpful if we’re still fighting the fight with Wikipedia…

I’m saying the Plano Star Courier existed in 1987 when I moved up there.

2 Likes

If the article published today, you can pick up the dead tree edition.

How much more official can you get?

1 Like

Testing… seeing if leaving off the last ! works for quoting a 99.9% full post.

EDIT: Works.

Congratulations to Daryl!

1 Like