DMS Picnic - Aerial Video?

Just a thought, but could we get someone (or two) to record some fun aerial video of the picnic??

I think it would be a great addition to photos that will be taken during the event.

3 Likes

I love this idea!! :smiley:

@Team_Aerospace (and anyone else who might step up to do this…), I would love to add any footage y’all get from the picnic to our YouTube channel ~ either as a direct upload to our channel, or at least linked on a playlist on our channel! :movie_camera: :smile:

Have asked a friend of mine to bring his DJI Mavic Pro, hopefully the weather is good

3 Likes

What is the plan if the weather is bad?

If weather is bad, we take over the Makerspace

1 Like

There’s a PGA Tour event in Fort Worth that weekend so they’ll get the bad weather.

4 Likes

…and turn it into total, complete 'Space cleaning and maintenance day!! It’ll be the best pic-a-nic ever!

7 Likes

If we come I’ll bring a quad along.

3 Likes

Meat Man - he told me about it.

1 Like

Bring on all the drones people. All of them.

1 Like

All of them? (psst…they’re listening…)

1 Like

Sorry to be “that guy” but… Check Carrollton regs before flying. Richardson (city of Wet Blankets) has a “no R/C in city parks” rule that may or may not get enforced depending on the cop’s mood and how cool they think drones are. Or so I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Ugh…that guy is here again guys.

4 Likes

Good call, maybe we can bring a painting pole and a gopro instead. I actually found https://www.nodecampaign.org this morning, I have sent a request to join.

3 Likes

Just for that, I’m not coming to your picnic. Oh and because I’ll be helping move my M-I-L into assisted living, that could be a factor, too.

I have heard the lady that run the parks in Carrollton absolutely loves drones. This is second hand information but I can send out an email and confirm but I would not worry to much about it.

6 Likes

Anybody have a 360 camera ball? Those are also pretty fun

If we decide to go that route, I have a professional tree trimming setup with a pole which can go up to 32 feet long.

I thought the space had one of these now?

I think we do, however tools typically can’t leave the building