DMS is turning 6!

Our Anniversary Open House is Saturday 9/17, we’re turning six and going to be celebrating all day.

Please note the Makerspace will be very difficult to work from that day as there will be a large number of visitors.

There will be short hourly talks scheduled in the Lecture Hall, 10x10 art show will be up, there will be a pinball arcade in Purple, and Pinewood Derby will be in part of the Interactive Classroom.

Does anyone have projects they’d like to show off? This is just an interest check and I can’t guarantee we’ll have room for every project but we want to show off as much as possible.

Committees-- if there are programming plans for that day please get in touch with me so I can put it on the schedule.

4 Likes

I see that someone has scheduled the Lecture Hall for all afternoon that day for an anime watching event. If we need the Lecture Hall for the Open House, better to let that host know sooner than later.

Also … for the other classrooms we are going to use, (CA, Purple, Interactive), we should schedule those resources on the calendar to prevent later disappointments. And in this instance, we might want to also schedule some time for set-up as a separate event - especially for Purple Classroom.

Just a constructive suggestion …

2 Likes

Whoops! That had already been taken care of, just hadn’t been taken off the calendar yet.

Good looking out though.

The purple will be set up the week before for a Pinball Tournament

I’m going to leave it to Chairs to schedule any blocks in their areas so they have access in case rescheduling is needed… I’ve blocked off Purple, Interactive, Lecture Hall, and Conference.

2 Likes

I had the ca room blocked but the calendar change wiped it.
I will get it done for the ca room.

2 Likes