Digital Media Committee Meeting Cancelled

Tonight was supposed to be a committee meeting to discuss getting a new camera for Digital Media.

Due to a number of circumstances neither myself or the vice chair @apparently_weird can make it to the space tonight.

In lieu of the committee meeting I’d like to hear from the committee about what features you would like to see in a camera since that’s pretty much all we had planned for the meeting.
Please share your opinion on what you’d like to see us add.

Almost forgot to mention the stuff we decided to order at the last meeting has started to stream in from Amazon.

We’ve got some new LED lights as well as a strobe flash with RF receiver.
We’ve replaced the Tascam recorder that was stolen with a camera mountable option.
Sandbags and clamps! They’re not the most exciting things in the world, but they are necessary.

I may be forgetting something, but the new gear can be found in the cabinet where the Sony RX10 is.

3 Likes

Do you want a still camera or a video camera? I think we might think about having both. Or at least a DSLR that doesn’t have a time limitation.

Or we could just get one of these donated by an unkind soul …

I’m not aware of any that exist, but that would be nice. I was leaning towards another Sony since we already have some Sony compatible gear.

Really I don’t see the need for another camera at this point since we don’t really have a way to keep track of the gear, but it’s something that people have been asking about.

I’mma e-mail Linus and see if he’s got any Canadian gear he would donate :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to see some 4k gear in there at some point when we get the new file server with lots of space … we may be getting some fast networking cards and equipment donated for digital media … at some point soon